HVAC yearly maintenance
When you think about your HVAC having to get yearly maintenance, it can be a bummer. Not only for your peace of mind but for your pocket and bank account. Right?
However, you’d be surprised at how much you can actually save by having your HVAC checked and serviced annually. Yes, it’s true. You can avoid breaking the bank if you actually have your HVAC checked out every year.
Remember, that not every repair that you’ll be needing to make to your HVAC system will be due to a sudden breakdown. Big repairs (and sometimes small ones) will always have to do with a bigger root problem. It usually goes like this: One thing breaks, another breaks, and another… and so on.
Throughout this article, we’re going to discuss the most frequently asked questions when it comes to HVAC maintenance. Let’s dive in:
When should the HVAC be Serviced?
Good question, when exactly should the HVAC be serviced? Should you wait until something goes wrong? Or do you do it yearly?
Answer: The answer to this question is quite simple. No matter what type of air or heating equipment you own, it should be inspected, maintained, cleaned and serviced at least once a year. The best-case scenario? Having the heating system inspected during the fall and the AC during spring.
How do you do HVAC Preventive Maintenance at Home?
There are several actions you can take annually to prevent your system from breaking down too suddenly, here’s a quick heating maintenance checklist for the fall season maintenance:
- Filters should be replaced every 30 to 90 days.
- Ignition burner check.
- Inspect heat exchanger and heating elements, if damaged call an expert.
- Flue system inspection.
- Gas pressure inspection.
- For gas furnaces, have a technician check for leaks.
- Replace damaged pulleys or belts.
- Clear standing water from pans and drain lines.
- Lubricate moving parts like motors and bearings.
- Thermostat check.
- Heat pump check.
Benefits from Heating Maintenance Services
Heating maintenance services exist to prevent bigger issues that you might not be noticing, here are some reasons why you should get heating maintenance services at home:
- Reduce your repair costs: Big repairs equal big money. If there is something wrong with your system and you don’t know it, this could cost you big money in the future.
- Efficiency Improvement: Improve the efficiency of your system yearly by having it maintained.
- Extended Lifespan: Heating systems that are not properly maintained wear out much quicker than those that are.
- Safety: Keep your family safe from any gas leaks, fuel, or electric malfunctions.
- Comfort: When a heating system works correctly, it provides the comfort you need at home.
What Happens During an HVAC maintenance?
Depending on your system’s unique needs here are a couple of things that happen during an HVAC maintenance run:
- Inspection and replacement of filters.
- Careful and detailed visual inspection of the entire system.
- Full cleaning out of debris and rubble.
- Inspection of condensor drain.
- Thermostat inspection.
- Electrical connection inspections, such as voltage.
- Moving parts lubrication.
- Detailed inspection of exhaust outlets.
- Inspection of connections and fuel lines.
- Inspection of refrigerant levels.
How Often Should I Have an HVAC Maintenance?
As mentioned earlier, no matter what HVAC system you own, you should be conducting annual maintenance calls to save money, time, and extend the lifespan of your system.
Heating Maintenance Tips
- Start maintenance before winter or summer.
- Follow our HVAC preventive maintenance checklist above.
- Call a technician for a detailed inspection.
Benefits of an HVAC Maintenance.
There are several benefits to having your HVAC annually maintained, here are a few of them:
- Enhance your air quality: Air quality at home should be taken seriously. Contaminants such as mold, pet dander, bacteria, pollen, and dust, are being inhaled by your family every day.
- Improve your safety: Remember, a maintained HVAC system is a safe system. If you were to have a gas leak go unnoticed, this can cause serious damage to your home and family.
- Reliability: Your system will operate at the highest of its abilities when you properly maintain it. You know you can depend on a high-functioning system to keep your family warm and comfortable. No more worrying about your system breaking down in the middle of the winter season.
Now, you might be asking why is an HVAC maintenance so important? Well, mainly due to all of the money and hassle you can save from huge repairs in the future. Some of the benefits of having maintenance for heating systems are improved efficiency, enhanced air quality, comfort, savings, improved safety, and much more.
Call Immaculate Heating and Air Conditioning LLC today at 828-755-8150 if you’re on the lookout for proper maintenance of your HVAC system in Rutherfordton & Forest City, NC or surrounding communities. Our team will offer a free estimate as well as inspect, service and clean your entire system, ensuring it’s ready to keep your family safe and warm during the cold days.